Health Policy and Advocacy AWARDS
Deadline: March 16, 2020
Theme - “Medications on the rise: the increasing cost of health.”
All project submissions will be considered; however, we strongly encourage you to incorporate the theme.
The purpose of the Health Policy and Advocacy Award is to empower nursing students to use their voices as registered voters. To educate them on current legislation affecting their state and country involving nurses and the nursing profession. To encourage nursing students to actively familiarize themselves with government representatives who are nurses and have the nurses interest in mind.
The purpose of the Get-Out-the-Vote School Chapter Award is to increase the number of people registered to vote; promote educated voters; and assist students who are not in their home state to obtain absentee ballots.
Awards and Prizes:
Maximum points awarded: 70
1. Relevance of project to theme 0-10
2. Community impact 0-10
3. Media coverage 0-10
4. Number of Participants 0-10
5. Originality/creativity 0-10
6. Attainment of goals 0-10
7. Positive results attained 0-10
Maximum points awarded: 50
1. Number of people registered 0-10
2. Creativity of project 0-10
3. Number of people involve 0-10
4. Educational Information given out 0-10
5. Attainment of Goals 0-10